2008年4月20日 星期日

SJM Ready to compete - an interview with Frank (3)

In the very first issue of Macau Closer, Mr. Stanley Ho said in an interview, and I quote,"I believe Hotel Lisboa should stay on at least for another 25 years". That was one year ago, but in the meantime SJM announced the old Lisboa is coming down. Why this radical change of plans in such a short time?

We always had internally very robust discussions on that topic, and I think we are doing what is best for our company.
We anticipate(預期,期望) the architects(建築師) will include some of the old elements in the new design; so we don't want to close our minds to anything - we just want to know what they come up with.
That's why we haven't been too specific. I think the instinct(直覺) is always to defend what is so close to your soul. Let's see what these guys will come up with.
I guess the first display will be done in about 10 weeks time. Then everyone will be able to do their own comments.

沒有留言: